There is nothing stress-free about moving. Even if you start packing a month ahead of time, and get a really great deal from one of the cheap moving companies a friend recommends, there is still a lot to be anxious about. In fact, the longer you know about the move, the more stress has time to accumulate, which is why sometimes a last minute move is easier to deal with, even though it is chaotic. Stress wreaks havoc on your health, both mentally and physically, and it can play a negative role in your relationship. This is why it is so important to decompress right away, so you can start the next chapter in your life in a happier place.
- Take a Walk – Not only will the fresh air do you good, your body will release endorphins through physical activity, which will naturally make you feel better. There is really nothing a good walk can’t cure. It clears your mind and it will allow you to get acquainted with your new area. Walk the neighborhood, hit the trails at the park or check out the downtown area, and explore the sites and attractions.
- Yoga – People swear by yoga for fighting stress because it works! Yoga just sort of heals your body from the inside-out and makes you feel incredible. It reduces the amount of cortisol your body creates, and can even lower blood pressure. The combination of deep breathing and beneficial poses will have you decompressed in no time. Plus, the poses will help with any aches and pains you have from carrying and moving heavy boxes.
- Meditation – Some people don’t see the value in meditation; clearly they have never tried it! This simple technique relaxes the body and decompresses stress. Your mind is able to relax, and you can focus on cleansing breath. There is a reason why people who make the time to meditate every day are so healthy and calm!
- Sex – Now is not the time for you and your significant other to neglect one another. Sure, you are busy and you have a lot to take care of, but like any other form of exercise, sex forces your body to create hormones that make you feel good mentally and physically. Endorphins are natural pain medicine. Sex will decrease stress levels and release physical tension.
- Get Outdoors – If you don’t feel like going walking outdoors, there are a lot of other things you can do to just breathe in the fresh air. Enjoy the local ice-skating rink, take a ride on the ski slopes or relax at the beach. It does not matter what season it is, there is always something you can find to do outside.
- Do Something You Love – One of the easiest ways to decompress is to just spend a day doing something you love. Disconnect from your cellphone and computer for a while. Don’t worry about money being tight from the move. Chances are good, when you hire movers from one of the cheap moving companies, they may be able to point you in the direction of some free or inexpensive things to do around the city. You can even spend a day reading or playing video games. Whatever makes you happy is what you should make the time to do.
visit our website http://www.movemeeasy.ca
follow us on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/movemeeasy