Do you have the “itch” to move? Many people just get that urge to pack up and leave. Maybe you are looking for better employment opportunities or perhaps you just need a fresh start away from an old lifestyle. Whatever the case is, it is important to think it through. Yes, being spontaneous is exciting, but understand that the grass is not always greener on the other side. You may want to move to solve a problem, but then find yourself faced with several new ones instead. So, before you start comparing cheap moving companies, you should know the signs to look for that warn you that maybe it is not such a good idea after all.
- Layoffs at Work – Is your current employer downsizing, or have they just been making some changes lately? You may think your job is secure, but you never really know. If there has been some activity in the human resource department, this may be a sign not to move to a different home. The last thing you want to do is spend money on a security deposit or down payment, movers and new furniture, only to find yourself out of a job shortly after.
- Company Merger or Buyout – Similar to above, if your current employer is merging with another company or being bought out by one, only time will tell if your position is secure. Give it a little time and see what happens.
- Children Having Problems – If you have grown children who are already out of the house, you may want to take a look at what is going on with their life before you make the decision to move. Someone unhappy with their marriage may need a place to stay for a few weeks until they can find a new place to live, or someone who just lost their job might need a loan from you.
- Natural Disaster – If you have your eye on a particular location, but it gets hit with forest fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding, ice storms or other natural disasters more and more, this may be a sign you should listen to. Perhaps you should revaluate your location choice, unless you are prepared to take a chance and deal with crisis.
- World News – What is going on in the world? What countries are hostile or feuding? If a war is to break out between feuding countries, how could it affect you? If there is a shortage of oil, or some other supply, it could affect your employment too. For example, if you work in a factory that receives its parts from another country, then if that country happened to be at war or discontinues exporting for whatever reason, it would directly affect your income.
- Debt Piling Up – No matter how much you want to move, if you have a ton of debt that is constantly nagging in the back of your mind, then maybe now is not a good time to move. You never know when a bill collector is going to come along and garnish your wages.
- Unhealthy Loved One – Is a loved one having medical problems? Is there going to come a time when you may need to take time off work to grieve, or will you possibly need to take on some responsibility of caring for them in the near future? If so, maybe you are better off staying put for a while.
- Depression – Have you been depressed lately? Perhaps you ended a relationship or lost a loved one or pet. Sometimes making a change may seem like a good idea, but it won’t change how you feel. Take a little time and make sure this is what you really want before you start calling and comparing cheap moving companies.
visit our web site http://www.movemeeasy.ca
follow us on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/movemeeasy